Written: 18 March 2016
Last Updated: 24 March 2016 - added BattleBots 2015 Championship sample video
A Few Other Articles:
- The Power of Arduino
- 100+V Arduino/AVR Microcontroller Input/Output (I/O) Pin Over-Voltage Protection Using a *Single* Resistor!
- Restoring/Recharging Over-discharged LiPo (Lithium Polymer) Batteries!
- Parallel Charging Your LiPo Batteries
- Beginner RC Airplane Setup
- Thunder AC680/AC6 Charger & Computer Data-Logging Software
(What is BattleBots? - here is a sample video below of the championships from last year)
So, aside from my IR remote-controlled car horn/siren project, about which I posted a couple sample videos previously, I have undertaken a new project recently: building an air vehicle for the hit robot fighting TV series, BattleBots, which will be hosted by ABC this year. You can see a sample episode above, which is the final championship fight from BattleBots 2015. I was not a part of that event. For BattleBots 2016, however, I will be participating by building a secondary, fighting drone/air vehicle which will fly and shoot fire.
(see some of my preliminary flamethrowing trials below)